GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL
1. Every single child must carry a cell phone. I don’t care what the schools say; if my kid can’t carry a cell phone or reach me in case of an emergency, I won’t let him go to that school.
2. Every single school door should be LOCKED from now on. Bullet-proof glass should be installed, and the NRA (national rifle association) should PAY for it. I’ve had enough with lobbyists supporting gun laws and the 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Enough is enough.
3. Teachers need to undergo emergency training. We grew up with FIRE drills in elementary school, how about GUN drills? We are way too comfortable at schools. How many more shootings do we need until enough is enough. Columbine, Virginia Tech- now this?
4. We need to revisit the Constitution. All men are NOT born Equal and crazy men should not carry guns. A massive background check needs to be performed before issuing anyone a weapon. How did a 20 year old get into school? How is that OK? How the H** did he get in with not ONE but TWO guns? I mean how do you hide that? The guns were LEGALLY registered to the mother. What? Why does she need 3 guns registered to her name. I’ve had it with guns & weapons in the wrong hands. AN AVERAGE PERSON DOES NOT NEED AN ak-47. The 3 weapons Lanza used were legally purchased and registered.
5. Violence on TV needs to STOP. Look at the shooting at the movie theater in Colorado. It MIMICKED a scene from a cartoon depicting a movie theater shooting. Coincidence? I think Not. I bet this crazy gunman saw something violent on TV and did some form of copycat.
6. We need stricter gun laws. I’m so sad, so incredibly sad the poor kids who survived will be so traumatized over this.
7. We need to hold the people who SELL the guns criminally liable for the acts of the guns and gunman. Yes you heard me. THE GUY WHO SOLD THE GUN TO THE CRAZY PERSON should be held criminally liable. You can’t just sell a gun to anyone. I can’t believe this is the SECOND time this year a crazy man enters a crowd and starts shooting. Enough already.
8. You can't even send your kids to school safely? Where were the security guards? THEY should be armed. All school teachers should have guns now too... ugh anything to prevent this trauma... how many more times do we need to relive a VIRGINIA TECH or COLUMBINE to realize that too many dangerous weapons are in the wrong hands.
9. We need to register people with massive mental illness... we have Megan's law for pedophiles; we need to have a law requiring the state to register the mentally disturbed.
I can't even begin to imagine what these families must be going though now. Such an incredibly sad day in History.
Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/12/14/school-shooting-reported-in-newtown-conn/#ixzz2F4hxwJw7
The Associated Press reports that Lanza drove to the school in his mother’s car. Police found three guns at the scene: a .223 caliber rifle, and Glock and Sig Sauer pistols. NBC News reports that a rifle used in the shooting and two pistols were legally purchased and registered to the gunman’s mother, Nancy Lanza. But in a public records search, TIME was unable to find any firearms or weapons permits under Nancy Lanza’s name.
6:10 p.m.: Authorities say that Ryan Lanza, 24, the brother of shooting suspect Adam Lanza, 20, is now not believed to have any involvement in the mass shooting on Friday, according to the Associated Press. He had earlier been questioned by police.
6:00 p.m.: “Evil visited this community today,” said Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy at a briefing Friday evening. “As you know there area a number of victims, teachers, beautiful beautiful children who had simply come to school to learn. Their days ended a different way than any of us can possibly imagine.”
5:45 p.m.: Earlier this afternoon, the CBS affiliate in New York City showed video of a man said to be Ryan Lanza being taken into police custody in Hoboken, N.J. Ryan Lanza, 24, is reportedly the brother of shooting suspect Adam Lanza. Ryan Lanza was raised in Newtown, Conn. but currently lives in Hoboken, N.J., according to public records obtained by TIME.
Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/12/14/school-shooting-reported-in-newtown-conn/#ixzz2F4i56JkZ