Here we go! Each scholarship has specific requirements and due dates.
1. UFT – Albert Shanker College Fund.. $5,000 for s student who has maintained a good average, done extracurricular activities and who will be eligible for financial aid.. (Pell grant )..check website for more information and for applications..www. uft.org.. Jan 31st deadline… you must have a social security number
2. Milken Scholars Program.. $10,000 for a student who has demonstrated leadership, community service, 90% average,SAT score of 1850 or better or ACT of 28, financial obstacles , must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident..check web site for further info and applications.. www. mff.org/scholars… must be nominated by counselor..Dec.21st
3. JPMORGAN Chase Smart Start..Four year full scholarship for certain schools in New York City, paid internship at Chase, ongoing training, stipends for books, etc.,must have a 90% average,1000 SAT in two parts, 21 on ACT, financial need, legal authorization to work in the U.S. ..more information available in college office or on line at www. jpmorgan.com/pages/smartstart/ny.. due January 18th
4. Random House Creative Writing Competition..creative expression .. due Feb 18th ..short stories, poetry,fiction, drama, graphic novels…$75,000 in scholarship monies available..applications in college office or on line..email@example.com
5. Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) exemplary role models in their community , good students, financial need, Dec. 20th deadline, on line at www.rmhc.org for more information.. or apply at https:/aim.applyists.net/RMHC
6. TIME 2000.. For future Math Teachers.. scholarship program through Queens College.. must have at least an 85 average in math and an overall 85 average as well… through CUNY application .. put Queens college as first choice …tuition scholarships will be granted if accepted into the program.see college office for more information
7. Bill and Melinda Gates Millennium scholarship fund.. full tuition paid through this award … must be African American, AsianAmerican, Hispanic American-U.S. citizen, 3.3 GPA, due Jan 16th..application is online only ,,GMS,, log on and create an account.. recommendations required
8. Tri County Independent Insurance Agents Association Scholarship .. see college counselor for info… due Feb 28th…application, essays, community service required…
9. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.. Must be of African American or Pan Caribbean descent, must have a 85% average and community service.. all information in the college office… $1,000 award.. due Jan 19th
10. Web sites for you to investigate…. Money is available through these sites..
HSF.net.. Hispanic scholarship fund
Pan Asian American scholarship fund
You must apply in order to have the chance to win anything!!!!!!