Friday, October 3, 2014

Thanksgiving Holiday draft

DRAFT: PRACTICE ESSAY
My Favorite Holiday: Thanksgiving

Smell: Over Thanksgiving, the scents of autumn emanate throughout our house. The aroma of the stuffing ingredients being prepared, the turkey is so much more than just an edible centerpiece for the table. The combination of the turkey roasting and burning fireplace are just some of my favorite Thanksgiving Scents. Thanksgiving as a whole possesses one of my favorite feel good aromas. As I perceive the scent of the roasting turkey, my olfactory nerves heighten. Yankee candle with a turkey and stuffing scent.
Taste: My family and I host a perfect traditional Thanksgiving dinner filled with green beans and turkey gravy. Spiced Sweet Potato Muffins. Minced gingerroot and dried orange peel enhance the taste of these spiced muffins. I especially love the whipped ginger butter served with these holiday treats.

Touch: I help cook food over Thanksgiving. The morning of Thanksgiving, I help my mother to set the table. As I place the chilled glasses on the table and set down silverware which we use just once a year for this holiday, I observe my mother with oven mitts, place down the hot dishes carefully one at a time. One of my family traditions the morning of Thanksgiving is to attend Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I always grasp my father’s hand firmly so I won’t get lost within the crowd.
Hear: At the parade I hear people struggling to speak over one another causing people to speak louder and louder. Hear Songs like “Jingle Bells” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”
See: The first holiday of the winter season is Thanksgiving. This is my second favorite holiday. My mother usually hosts a large Thanksgiving dinner for our extended family – nearly twenty people. This is the one time each year I get to spend so much quality time with my cousins and receive presents from my uncles and aunts. After eating a festive meal consisting of roasted turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie, we conclude the evening by dividing up into groups and playing board games. This past year, my uncle downloaded an APP called Risk, where we gather troops and try to conquer the world.

Now it’s your turn.
Describe your favorite holiday: 
What do you:

Smell:

Touch:

Taste:

Hear:

See:


         


No comments:

Post a Comment